Saturday, June 13, 2009

Quick Update

Yeah! Summer is here finally! We've been so busy it seems I haven't had a chance to pay any attention to my blog. So I thought I would give a quick update. The kids are doing great. Crae is nearly potty-trained and is doing completely awesome. I am so glad not to have to buy two different boxes of diapers every month. (It also saves a ton of money too.) His favorite things are going outside, playing in dirt and/or water (mud), checking his cows (which are the neighbors - he keeps a good eye on them), and going to Grandma and Grandpa's. He is a little parrot and Greg and I are starting to realize that there are a few expressions we say that maybe we should not anymore. He is learning like crazy and likes to read books and play with trucks. He is actually starting to play with Brilee, it's so fun. He calls her "baby dolls" and tries to pick her up and help her do things, which in turn she usually screams about, but they're learning to get along.
I can't believe that Bri will be a year old in a few months. She finally has teeth - she cut all the front four at the same time! She can get around pretty quick with her funny little scoot move that she does, and she loves her Mommy. She also loves to play outside and to pet the dog. She is such a happy little thing and we love her to pieces.
I am busy being a mom. Some days are awesome and I love it and some days I want to jump off the nearest building, but I wouldn't trade anyone for anything. Summer (my sister in law) and I have started an internet business on ETSY (www.mellonmonkeys.etsy.com - check it out!) that we are really excited about. We are making kids clothes and toys and bows and blankets and all sorts of things. We are addicted to cute fabric and love to create things out of it. It has taken up a lot of time but we are off to a good start. I am taking a small break from piano lessons which is nice. It frees up a lot of time to do things with Crae and Bri. We go on a lot of walks- even though I still only have the one seater stroller - Crae and Brilee take turns riding sometimes. I am getting a double soon which will make things a lot easier.
Greg is busy with work, which we are very thankful for. He is running his own crew and having a good time designing and installing his own work. In his spare time (?) he is working on our yard- which is a continual project and is finally starting to look like something. Almost everything in our yard has been salvaged from somewhere and Greg has done all the work so it's cost is practically nothing. I'll have to post some pictures soon. He does a great job and I'm proud of him. He is a fun daddy and loves his kids. They think he's great fun to play with.
That's about it for us I guess! We are just enjoying the summer sun and the company of great family and friends and having a great year so far! We have been so blessed.

1 comments:

Carolyn said...

You guys are all so cute! It is so fun to hear how you are all doing. That is crazy that Brilee got all 4 front teeth at the same time. Tyler just barely cut his first one on July 4th. We were starting to wonder if he would ever get a tooth. We miss you and hope everything is going great!